Data view Help

I have tables that are refercing to each other. Whe i fill out a form, that data in my google sheet shows id numbers instead of real values or text. This only happens to “ref” fields only.

Can one help?

0 8 215
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I tried but, Im still getting the same results. As i have stated, all the fields are display well, but only the “Ref” fields are displaying id numbers in the data sheet. I using google sheet as my data source. I would like the “Ref” field to display the text selected from the enum value. Note, that my “ref” field is an enum list.

Hi @zacc_oraro

What @Steve was indicating, is about ticking the “label” option in your table.
This way, in enumList or anything that will refer to your table, the field ticked as “Label” will be shown instead of ref id.
3X_c_4_c4a9119bf258b780b15213ab51c7d33c1907ac47.png

Checked the box under “Label” but no luck yet. There might something Im not doing right?

This are the enum list on the other Table that is Ref to.

Sorry I Tried what you suggested, added new collumn in the sheet but still could not get it to work. Im sure there might be a app formula or something.

3X_9_a_9a1f209560a7b6a2dd2611aae7dcc591974b9d8a.png

Im trying over and over again and its not even working. Anyone help please?

I want to see values in the data source (google sheet) not Reference IDs. The fields I want to see is are Reference Fields.

It’s clear you don’t understand references, so you should either spend some time learning how they work, or don’t use them.

What values do you want to see in your data source, if not reference IDs?

See also:

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@zacc_oraro

I just understood.
In your sheets, that NORMAL to have the ref_ID.
The user is not supposed to see that.

If you want to see it in your database, then add a new column in your spreadsheet, and set app formula expression:
[Section].[Name]
This column will be for your personal information only, not for usage in the app.

Top Labels in this Space