DRAG and DROP Hi, Would not be possible to u...

DRAG and DROP

Hi, Would not be possible to use some items as drag and drop in near future I think! Is that true or AppSheet is doing something?

3 13 1,245
13 REPLIES 13

Do you mean in the app editor or in the app itself?

I have a need for drop and drag functionality as well. For example, assigning staff to a task by dragging staff name from a list and dropping it on the task.

Enumlist type filed to hold the staff names on the task table is not ideal with you?
When the user manage a single task, then they select the name of staffs to whome this particular task is belonging (assigne) to.

Yes agree but drag and drop is a nicer UX

In the app itself.

I also need this

Could you guys explain further what you would be dragging and dropping in the app? Also, is this on a mobile device or on a desktop browser? Thanks

@praveen Hi it should be work on bought platform I thing. Am I right?

+1 for โ€œclick and dragโ€ in app using any device (mobile or even a 3 in 1). Case use would be dragging items from one group to another. Example below, I would like to drag Task d up to Group 1 without going into the record. Very similar to Kanban.

Group 1
Task a
Task b

Group 2
Task c
Task d

I agree. Drag-and-drop as an assignment mechanism is particularly attractive in anything showing groups (Kanban for example).

Adding @macastan and @morgan and @Arthur_Rallu and @Mike_Moss FYI

BenH

I would like the capability to drag and drop images, or copy from another source and paste within the app.

Would be great, specially for desktop version

Hi Appsheet team,

I hope you have started 2023 with lots of positive energy.

I was wondering if drag-and-drop functionality within the app would be offered by Appsheet to developers and app users. It truly elevates user experience in regards to interaction with the app doing tasks such as dragging timelines in scheduling,  Kanban views, etc.

I would be grateful for an update if this feature is going to be delivered and a timeline indication.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Mohsen

Top Labels in this Space