Error message: Column Name 'Guest fee' in Sch...

Error message: Column Name ‘Guest fee’ in Schema ‘ContractData_Schema’ has a Sheet Formula as well as an App Formula. This is not allowed. Spreadsheet formula I can’t remove: RC[-5]+RC[-4]+RC[-1]

Hi, I’m having difficulty removing a conflict with my formulas.

My original formula from my data was a formula in Google Sheets.

I’m removing that formula from my Google sheet and adding it as an app formula.

For some reason after the sync with my spreadsheet, I still see the spreadsheet formula in the auto-compute section.

This field is grayed out and it does not appear that I can manually remove it, as I have done many times in the past prior to today.

Is this a bug related to today’s earlier problem with Google Sheets? Any help would be appreciated.

0 13 670
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Ken, is this still an issue or have you found out what was the reason?

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks for your reply.

Yes this problem persists.

I would simply like to have the ability to change spreadsheet formula to a value and then create the same formula in Appsheet.

It does not appear to be possible.

Thanks

We will update this feature with the new editor.

If you want I can check your app. For doing that, I would need to know the account ID, app name and then table/column name.

One thing you can do… copy & paste your values in that column as “Paste values only” and then regenerate the column structure. Then it won’t read any sheet formulas and you are able to add an app formula.

Thanks I did exactly that.

There seems to be a bug.

Despite having only values in that column in Google sheets, AppSheet still recognizes the old formula after I regenerate.

I would guess there is an issue with the regeneration.

Let me check this…

It seems that you are correct. It won’t do that. As a workaround you can change to old editor and remove that formula because that field is editable.

Thanks.

Yes I would like to revert to a previous version of the editor.

How would i do this?

In your URL after the app name & account ID add &OldEditor=true… like …AppName-000000&OldEditor=true&…

Hello

I am having the exact same issue.

All formulas are deleted from spreadsheet and after structure regeneration, it magically reappears.
I tried the “&OldEditor=true” in the URL but still the same issue.

Did you find a solution since then ?

I retried and it worked …

Thanks so much.

I don’t know the reason for the change in the latest version, but my vote is for the prior version’s ability to delete the spreadsheet formula.

Top Labels in this Space