Exact Match in Expression

I want a column value to be valid only if its last two letters (case sensitive) are in a list.

The current formula is

IN(Right([_THIS],2), {“ha”})

It works, but it accepts both ha and Ha. I want only values that end with ha, and prevent entries that end with Ha

2 - Is substitute formula case-sensitive?

0 11 654
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no case-sensitive match.

I assumed the In() Function is case-sensitive. Isn’t that correct?

What does your testing show?

It seems the In() function is not case sensitive. It accepts both upper and lower cases

One of the formulas I am using is IN(Right([_THIS],5), {“g/20l”}) , but it is not case sensitive, because I don’t want to accept g/20L or G/20l

To my knowledge, there is no way to get a case-sensitive comparison with AppSheet.

I was referring back to your old message where you had stated it is case sensitive. Kindly check with the tech team

And should I now mark this as solved by you?

It used to be case-sensitive. It is no longer.

Can it be reverted to case sensitive or have a new function that offers an exact match?

I believe @Aleksi should have a workaround for case-sensitivity check

I’m afraid I don’t have any tricks to recognize this.

I know this post is too old but I also came across this requirement for Case Sensitive Matching of strings and I found a workaround. Don't know if there is already a better solution. Posting this just in case anyone finds it helpful @Jeremy_F @Aleksi @Steve @LeventK 

I used the below expression for case-sensitive comparison of String1 with String2 

AND(FIND([String1], [String2])<>0,LEN([String1])=LEN([String2]))

Which checks if String1 is found in String2 and Length of both should be same. In-short finds if its an EXACT MATCH.

Top Labels in this Space