Hello everyone! I am having trouble with a s...

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble with a security filter. In a single table I had 4 [Email] columns. I add an OR(USEREMAIL()=[Email1],USEREMAIL()=[Email2]โ€ฆ) but is not working. Any advise on this?

Thanks!

0 19 468
19 REPLIES 19

In what way itโ€™s not working?

@Aleksi_Alkio

This is the formula that I add in the security table: OR((USEREMAIL()=[Email1]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email2]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email3]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email4]))

I enter in the App with an email that is not inside thouse columns and is still showing all the data for that table.

@Steven_Coile

I am looking at the App itself

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 Is this in a prototype app, or a deployed app? If deployed, your licence may not permit the use of security filters.

@Steven_Coile

Is it not deployed and I believe the owner of the App has a Premium account.

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 did you try using the in() expression I gave you above?

@Steven_Coile

I will try when I get home

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 Iโ€™m gonna guess youโ€™ve been bitten by the odd behavior of the = operator: if one of the operands is blank, the result is always true! So if any of the email columns is blank, the entire or() expression is true, regardless of the userโ€™s email address. in() doesnโ€™t suffer this problem.

@Steven_Coile

I belief that could be the issue. I will check it later on. Iโ€™ll keep you update.

Many thanks!

What is the app name and account ID? I will check it. Thanks

@Steven_Coile

Many Thanks! This works perfect!

Tryโ€ฆ OR(USEREMAIL()=[Email1],USEREMAIL()=[Email2],USEREMAIL()=[Email3],USEREMAIL()=[Email4])

@Aleksi_Alkio

Not working Translate

Try:

IF( OR((USEREMAIL()=[Email1]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email2]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email3]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email4])), TRUE, FALSE)

@Bellave_Jayaram

Not working

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 in(useremail(), list([Email1], [Email2], โ€ฆ))

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 Can you elaborate on โ€œnot workingโ€? Is Expression Builder giving an error? Or are all rows making it through? Or no rows? In what way is it โ€œnot workingโ€?

@Steven_Coile

Hi Steven, I enter in the App as a co-author. The email that Iโ€™m using as a co-author is not enter in any of the 4 [Email] columns in the table that I add te security filter, and when I enter in the App it still showing me the rows inside that table when it shouldnโ€™t.

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 That you are a co-author shouldnโ€™t matter, unless youโ€™re telling me youโ€™re looking into the workbench/editor rather than the app itself, and the workbench is showing you the rows despite the security filter. Could you clarify for me?

I would expect the security filter to omit all rows within the app based on what youโ€™ve said.

Top Labels in this Space