Hello I`m trying to figure out a way to have ...

Hello I`m trying to figure out a way to have multiline text show up in the reported PDF as multiline.

I have simple LongText field that`s basicly: Name Surname Address line 1 Address line 2

City Postcode Country

and when it shows up in the PDF it`s: Name Surname Address line 1 Address line 2 City Postcode Country

My template is very simple and it just prints one field: <<[Client Address]>> in a table.

Is there a way i can format my template that`ll keep the original formating of the text?

0 4 392
4 REPLIES 4

You can try <<TEXT([Client Address])>> but if that doesnโ€™t work, you can try an expression using FIND and CONCATENATE in your template to format it as desired.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh will know for sure.

tony1

@Mateusz_Grybczynski I suspect this is because the PDF is generated from an HTML version of your data, which does not display newlines. For now Iโ€™d recommend splitting your LongText field up into separate columns (Name, Address1, Address2, etc.). That way you can format them each independently.

@Bellave_Jayaram TEXT() did not help. I`ll try to work it out with Find/Concatenate. Thanks

@tony Splitting would work perfectly but i don`t want to complicate my database further. I might play with Virtual Columns thou Thanks

Top Labels in this Space