Hello, This question is about editing restric...

Alper

Hello, This question is about editing restrictions. I want user be able to edit/modify older records if they are created within last 30 days, the rest should be view/only. All the security etc filters are hiding the filtered content which I do not want. Whatโ€™s the logical way to prevent editing old records? Also, obviously, there should be a time stamp, how it should be placed? Same row? Or in another table with ref? What might be the preferred way for this in a

multiuser / workbook_per_user environment ? Thanks.

0 5 335
5 REPLIES 5

You could use system generated EDIT action buttonโ€™s condition rule for this purpose. You could type something likeโ€ฆ DATE([DatetimeColumn])>TODAY()-30 or if you use Date for the timestamp, you can write it like [DateColumn]>TODAY()-30.

Alper

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi and thanks for replying, i have found a couple more places to set editing restrictions, one is the flask of Add/Edit/Delete/ReadOnly section of tables, other is editableif() column constraint. Along with edit action you mentioned above, which one you think works best for the purpose?

I didnโ€™t meant none of those. I mean the the action button where you can see small box with pencilโ€ฆ when you edit the record.

1. If you want to control the ability to edit across an entire table, use the Are updates allowed property of the tableโ€™s definition in Data > Tables.

2. If you want to control the ability to edit on a row-by-row basis, use the Only if this condition is true property of the tableโ€™s Edit action in Behavior > Actions.

3. If you want to control the ability to edit on a column-by-column basis, use the Editable_If property of the column in Data > Columns.

You want (2).

Alper

+Steve Coile Thanks for clarification, now I understand where and when to use these restrictors. Yes I will follow no2. This information deserves finding itโ€™s way to some place in the help pages I believe.

Top Labels in this Space