Hi all, I'm very new to Appsheet and I'm sti...

Hi all,

I’m very new to Appsheet and I’m still learning along the way. I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I am currently making a ‘Cashing Up’ application which involves the user Inputting data (Cashing up) on form, which will then be calculated in a spreadsheet to then output answers back to the user, in which if any discrepancies occur, a message box will appear for reply.

So far my application allows the user to cash up with a time stamp, the ability for the user to write their name, till used and notes and coins counted. Once this part is done, the form is submitted to the ‘Cashing up Spreadsheet’ here the data will be calculated.

But i’m having a hard time trying to figure out how the discrepancy message will be outputted back to the user? If any discrepancies occur of course. And I was wondering if anyone has any solutions for this.

Thanks!

0 8 415
8 REPLIES 8

@Aleksi_Alkio Well I’ll certainly give it a go! Thanks for the help!

How do you want to identify this message? With an email?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, I’ve just made action for the user to send a message through email. I’m just stuck on how to apply this action to the chosen column. In other words I only want this email to pop up when a calculation in the spreadsheet shows negative.

Try something like AND(ISNOTBLANK([Column]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column],[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]<0) for the condition. It will fire the email when the value is negative. It won’t send the email again if the record is udated somehow if that calculation has the same result again. And at the same time it won’t send anything if the calculation result is blank. I don’t know if that’s the case… if it’s not, you can remove that part if it’s not relevant.

How do you want to identify this message? With an email?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, I’ve just made action for the user to send a message through email. I’m just stuck on how to apply this action to the chosen column. In other words I only want this email to pop up when a calculation in the spreadsheet shows negative.

Try something like AND(ISNOTBLANK([Column]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column],[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]<0) for the condition. It will fire the email when the value is negative. It won’t send the email again if the record is udated somehow if that calculation has the same result again. And at the same time it won’t send anything if the calculation result is blank. I don’t know if that’s the case… if it’s not, you can remove that part if it’s not relevant.

@Aleksi_Alkio Well I’ll certainly give it a go! Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space