Hi Appsheet, I am trying to turn the new "Ta...

Hi Appsheet,

I am trying to turn the new “Tab” form into a Menu/Navigator. I think this will be useful if you have a too long navigator page of clickable icons. Users can just go to the tab relevant to them and navigate to view relevant to them. I have not been successful so far. Does anyone have any workaround or suggestions to try? if not for the attached message, I might succeed?

0 8 365
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Jerry, I am confused. The tabbed form is a way to see many pages of a multi-page form. it is not meant as a navigation bar for other views. is that what you’re trying to do? You could use an app column type and put it into a tabular view or something like that is you want.

Yes @praveen ! The Tabbed form is so much neater!! Thats why I want to explore turning a form into a navigator! A table, you will need to scroll and will make the on-boarding more difficult. People in companies are resistant to implementations.The tabbed Navigator will be more self-explanatory.

You already have a nav bar at the bottom and the a menu at the top left :]. Why do you want one more navigation menu at the top?

@praveen Because companies have many departments and most employees are IT-Aversive. They will not bother to hit on the hamburger menu and look for views. My goal is to have something like the below “Icon Main Menu” into Tabbed form. Each tab will then have a maximum of 3 or 4 icons and each Tab will be for each department.

Why not try the “Tiny” format for the Gallery view?

@praveen

Thank You! I go for the table menu with an “app” column for the time being. Thanks for this workaround! Grouping makes the font become bold . If I put numbering and capitalize, the different sections / departments stand out enough. Is the Gallery view going to have the “Tabbed” option in future? Progress photos could then be tabbed by months or weeks.

Please do try the tiny option in the gallery view

Top Labels in this Space