Hi, can I make an Enum List from a table? and...

Hi, can I make an Enum List from a table? and to be able to present different options according to previous selections. If I use Ref, I can only choose one option. In this particular case it is about receiving equipment for a technical service, and the accessories can be several, but they are different if it is a television, a cell phone, or another device. I also need the list to be created as new accessories are added, it can not be pre-defined. How could I implement it?

0 2 395
2 REPLIES 2

Make it an EnumList with the option to โ€œAllow other valuesโ€.

Then in the Valid_If condition, provide a SELECT() function that enumerates the allowed values (from the other table).

Hi @praveen! Iโ€™ve just found this advice to be helpful. The Valid_If condition is quite powerful when used this way. Iโ€™m using it to collate user-generated tags to use in a slice.

Once one knows about this capability, itโ€™s pretty easy to use. However, when one is working on the editing interface, I doubt that most people would imagine that the terms for an Enum or EnumList column could but collected through the Valid_if condition. Moreover, I looked but was unable to find documentation about this in the โ€œDocumentationโ€ part of the AppSheet site.

This forum is great but I hope that the basic documentation can be improved with better linking to additional information, etc. (The use of the Valid_if condition may be in the documentation somewhere but I found searching for it to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.) Also, if the app editor could be made more intuitive and / or links to appropriate documentation placed inside the app editor in some way I think that would be good too.

Top Labels in this Space