Hi. Im bulding an app for signing in and sch...

Hi.

Im bulding an app for signing in and schedule people at an event.

Everything is doing well but i known want people to pre-sign trough google forms and after,

when they arrive at the front-desk, my staff pick their data and save it to the definitive table.

So, how can i save data from one table to another(temporary table to a definitive table)?

Thanks a lot Jorge

0 11 352
11 REPLIES 11

Why must you move that data to a different table? You could just add a column with a status identifier and just change that accordingly when they arrive and have the app sort your data that way. Seems like it could be more powerful to keep the data all together.

Your apps are more powerful than a mere spreadsheet.

I would design the app with one table as well. What I have created registration apps, they are working in a different orderโ€ฆ attendees have filled all data when filling the registration form and when they arrive, front-desk just need to change the status. If lot of attendees are coming at the same time, it would be quicker way. But of course we donโ€™t know your structure.

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi.

That seems good, but it can goes really bad because the Google form can be filled by everyone with the link (so multiple fills with uselees data is more than possilbe). Worst than that, the schedule table is filed by a column in the registerd users, so those useless multiple fields whould apearโ€ฆ (Ref)

Take in consideration that the pre-register is open to the public and โ€œsmart-guyโ€ could be adding registres just for fun.

A copy to the final table or pre-fill of the registration form is the more secure way to goโ€ฆ I think

Jorge

Hi all

Im trying your approach to see if i could make it happen without security problems. But i stumble into a hurdleโ€ฆ

I have to assing a person to a time slot trough a fiscal number. But as you guys pointed out, a โ€œpersonโ€ only exists after i Confirmed its signing.

The problem is Everyone shows up in the filed i have REFedโ€ฆ (Confirmed and non confirmed)

Iยดve tries several filters but it allways shows up!

How can i do this??

Once againโ€ฆ thanks a lot!!!

Cheers Jorge

You wanโ€™t that your form would not show any of them?

Hi Aleksi

I only want the confirmed ones to appear (in the combo box of yhe ref field) when i schedule people to the time slotsโ€ฆ (Schedule view).

I think its a matter of filtering what appers in the comboboc of the ref fieldโ€ฆ But tried lots of things and no luck

Thanks Jorge

You can use a formula like SELECT(TableName[KeyColumnName],[STATUS]=โ€œConfirmedโ€)

Great aleksi! Thanks!!

Butโ€ฆ where do i put it? Im confused about thatโ€ฆ

Cheers jorge

Put it into the Ref columnโ€™s Valid_If

Thanks Aleksi!!!

Cheers Jorge

Top Labels in this Space