Hi there, having a trouble again... My worksh...

Hi there, having a trouble again… My worksheet connects two data resources.

therefore i need to complete some of the columns with excel(spreadsheet) formula to make it work as i want. now the issue is that one of the columns with a formula (if not blank, insert “some text”. and this column used in my Appsheet FORM! now after ive implemented the formula in the spreadsheet the column in appsheet doessnt want to show up in the form any more. i think its related to the spreadsheet formula… any ideas? ways to bypass?

thanks in advance for any attempt to help

0 9 357
9 REPLIES 9

deffinitly related to the formula… tried to delete it from the column inside the app and its working again any way too keep both formula in spreasheet and as active column in app?

If the formula was as simple as (if not blank, insert “some text”) why you used Spreadsheet formula for it? Regardless, can you see the formula in the column structure and the correct formula in its Spreadsheet formula field when you edit that field? Are you sure you have not accidentally checked that field as Hidden? I just did a quick test and my new column with Spreadsheet formula successfully shows up on the app and in form view.

I had not read your next comment when I replied the first time; what do you mean by having it “as an active column in app”?

@RezaRaoofi I mean i need this column with the formula to appear as a question (enum) in my app form

Any column with formula either in App Formula or Spreadsheet formula will be considered read-only, so that Enum is not going to work, but you should be able to display the value of the read-only column as a greyed-out text value in your form.

@RezaRaoofi "Spreadsheet formula will be considered read-only, so that Enum is not going to work, "

CORRECT

“but you should be able to display the value of the read-only column as a greyed-out text value in your form.”

I may display it, yes. but what will I do if in one case I need it grayed out (in case te column definition is autocompletes with if(isblank in spreadsheet, and in other case (app form fill) I need the column to appear as an Enum?

Should I add seperate column ?

Can you post screenshots of the current column’s definition and what the spreadsheet formula is?

Also in order for a column to show up as Enum it should have more than one value; is that the case?

@RezaRaoofi Hi, Happy new year, first of all!!!

The column contains two values. Column W is the one with the formula.

Top Labels in this Space