How to show and hide inline view? Usual simp...

How to show and hide inline view?

Usual simple case, having Parent and Child table, linked together through ref column. (ispart of setting : true)

When the particular row in parent table is empty with the child table items, i wish to hide inline view from the details view for parent table. Worked out to do this in โ€œshowifโ€ for ref column, something like โ€œISNOTBLANK([_THIS])โ€ , but failed.

Inline view are showing up all the time, regardless the child table row is empty or filled.

0 13 2,130
13 REPLIES 13

Tryโ€ฆ COUNT(SELECT([VirtualListName][KeyColumn],TRUE))>0

Hi Aleksi,

I used count as well with the following formula in showif:
count(select(5_1PhotoGallery[5_Tags],[5_Tags]=[_ThisRow].[Tags]))>0

When it did not work, I checked the community and saw this post. I tried your count formula as well but it did not work. Might it be that this method does not work anymore?

2X_8_8c10675361d5545885edcd04dc7f4ce8b1944221.png

As per screenshot, if no photo for this tag- View(0), the inline photo gallery should not even show up.
When View(1) then the inline photo gallery should show up.

Thanks!

@Aleksi_Alkio How smart you are!

Yes, Iโ€™ve done it successfully.

Not sure what a logic behind this. ISBLANK([xxxx]) did not work out.

But count number of list rows are workingโ€ฆ For me, it appears to be the same.

Thank you very much for your usual super help.

You could do the same with ISBLANK([VirtualListName]) as well.

@Aleksi_Alkio Isblank[virtualListName] and Isblank[_this] will bring difference you mean?

Correct

Thank you! Well understood.

What was your formula exactly?

Try ISNOTBLANK([5_1PhotoGallery]) with the Show? option

Hi Aleksi,
The expression I used was:
count(select(5_1PhotoGallery[5_Tags],[5_Tags]=[_ThisRow].[Tags]))>0

I tried the formula you just suggested but it did not work. I think column Tag from both tables somehow must be in the expression because some tags have photos and some tags donโ€™t have. Maybe appsheet does not have this functionality yet of hiding inline or Ref_rows based on an expression?

It should work with the ISNOTBLANK(โ€ฆ). Is it okay if I check your app?

Hello aleksi, im using ISNOTBLANK([_THIS]) in the show if for the ref column but it does not work

Hi guys! i'm using IN([METTING_ID], TBL_BBDD[METTING_ID]) and work perfectly

Top Labels in this Space