I added a column to my spreadsheet and "regen...

I added a column to my spreadsheet and “regenerated”. I received this error (“The app template diff data is too large”) and can’t figure out how to fix it without rolling back to a previous version. I understand Appsheet thinks a bunch of changes have been made, but I all I did was add one column. Any ideas?

0 10 811
10 REPLIES 10

Is this an error, or merely a message? I see this message routinely, and it does not indicate a problem.

I believe it’s tied to an error I’m getting. That’s what I’m trying to figure out though.

@Eric Silver What is the problem you believe the message is tied to?

Can you see the original post? I’m adding a column to my spreadsheet and regenerating in AppSheet. When I do apparently AppSheet can’t read the spreadsheet any more and my app stops working.

@Eric Silver The “app template diff data is too large” message is not an error, and is normal when sufficient changes have been made.

Please describe the way in which your app does not work.

I’m not sure how else to describe it other than what I posted above. When I add a column to the spreadsheet and regenerate the table I get a message saying the app can’t read the spreadsheet any more.

Here are the specific error messages I just received

The only way I can get the app to work again is to restore a previous version. When I try to do this without removing the column I just added I get this message.

“Unable to fetch app definition: Error:Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table ‘Field Estimate’ is either inaccessible or empty./nError: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table ‘Field Estimate’ is either inaccessible or empty./nError: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate and the table schema. The table has 36 columns but the schema has 35 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: The table FieldEstimate-129634:1.041493:Field Estimate is not available Error: Data table ‘Field Estimate’ is either inaccessible or empty./n”

This would appear to be a bug with AppSheet. As the error messages suggest, you should email support@appsheet.com for help. They’ll need the screen capture you posted above.

I don’t use Office360, so have no experience diagnosing those specific errors.

I will email them. Thanks. The spreadsheet is actually a Google sheet. Not sure why it says Office 360.

Top Labels in this Space