I am trying to select Google Spreadsheet to c...

I am trying to select Google Spreadsheet to create a new App. But I cannot search and locate the spreadsheet within the Appsheet search. I have tried different search terms, but nothing will bring up the file.

I can find it fine searching the same terms within Drive itself.

So right now, I cannot create an app, because I cannot select the spreadsheet to create it from. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Video to explain: http://somup.com/cFin12V7JF

Many thanks,

0 5 325
5 REPLIES 5

Is the app and gSheet under the same account?

yes

note, I have had the same issue with the same type of selection window for Drive.

I understand that it is a Google Drive bug. Though I am really stuck nowโ€ฆ I literally cannot make the app.

I have seen some Google Drive selection windows, where you can add a URL of the file at the bottom. Amy chance appsheet may chance to that type of selection box?

Ill try some things like renaming the file, and see if I can get it to show up.

Open the gSheet directly from the Drive and run the Appsheet Add-On. Then you donโ€™t need to find it.

ok noted, thanks for the workaround solution!

Iโ€™ve experienced the same issue but have found that by immediately closing the google drive data source window (with the X in the top right corner) and then going through the same process of looking for data a second time, all my files become available. I now do this as a matter of course! Itโ€™s a pain and it had me stumped for a while, but itโ€™s quick.
Some users might prefer it as a solution.

Top Labels in this Space