I have a section in my app that allows a cust...

I have a section in my app that allows a customer to view a contract. The contract is on Google drive, and I put a shareable link in the SHOW column, named [Contract] in the CONTENT box.

I changed the DISPLAY NAME to “Contract.pdf”

When I go on the App though, it shows the big long URL, not the display name. Why is this?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

0 10 315
10 REPLIES 10

The display name is for the column, not for the content. But of course, it should show the display name hyperlinked to the url.

We’ll make that change. @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet, @Adam_Stone_AppSheet (for clarity, the scenario is that this is a Show column of type Url)

If in the url field [Contract] the option “IsHyperlink” is true, it will show that short version on the Show field.

Confused — this is a Show column not a Url column.

Uups… I misreaded the Show column. I thought he used expression [Contract] in Content field. My mistake.

Have I got this stuff in the right place? I mean, it works perfectly, shows the link etc., but just looks ugly. Need it to show something like “Read Contract” instead of a big ugly link url…

thanks for the input so far.

yes, this is a flaw on our side. Probably a simple fix once my colleagues Sarah and Adam see this early next week.

For now, you can use the HYPERLINK(url, link text) expression in the Show Content field.

@Sarah_Gould_AppSheet I get an error, something about “Arithmetic Expressions has inputs of invalid type”. Probably to do with the / symbol in the Url?

What’s your expression?

Top Labels in this Space