If any respond is false between regarding columns, result will be "FAIL"

I am searching formula of appsheet like excel formula

Imagine that there is survey with yes or no answers. When the questions are selected yes or no, the point will change after every yes selecting.

How do i write formula under “result” column such as excel formula =IFS(COUNTIF(D2:G2,“FALSE)>0”,“FAIL”,“Do something for every yes answers”)

if there is “false” between regarding columns, the result will display automatically “FAIL”. Otherwise, the all true answer’s point will be 10. Image that there are 50 columns, and if there is even 1 no answer at first 10 columns, the result will be “FAİL”. If there is no any no answer first 10 columns, every yes answer will be 10 point. If there is “no answers” between 11 - 50 columns. Every yes answer will be 10 point.

Solved Solved
0 7 223
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i think, to put 0 instead of FAIL is sensible as you said

I tried it as
IF(NOT(AND([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?];[IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?])), 0; IFS([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?],20)+ IFS([IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?],20))
This is solution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

This is yes/no survey.
There is result column i will type the code in there.

In a result virtual column :

If(not(and([col1name];[col2name];…[col10name])); “FAIL”; “something else”)

Result virtual column type is number, how can i operate it with fail which is string and number?

I don’t think that is a virtual column, it looks like a physical column in the file.

If you want to have your result in file, I would use a formula in the excel itself (gsheet in my case) , but then, your result will only be calculated and shown to user only after the sync occurs.

Virtual columns are “live” , but not saved in file

Anyway, you could put 0 instead of fail ,make your column work with numbers only first.

Later, the 0 can be made to display a FAIL with a help of another virtual column.

I added now virtual column.

Does it make sense?

IF(NOT(AND([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?];[IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?])), “FAİL”; IFS([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?],20)+ IFS([IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?],20))

but if i select the first yes, it does not affect the result. The result is displaying default fail, after second chosing is yes, the total is changed as 40. I am not sure whether it works perfectly.

i think, to put 0 instead of FAIL is sensible as you said

I tried it as
IF(NOT(AND([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?];[IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?])), 0; IFS([IŞIKLAR-Farlar çalışıyor mu?],20)+ IFS([IŞIKLAR-Yan ışıklar çalışıyor mu?],20))
This is solution.

Top Labels in this Space