Inner join in appsheet

Hi.
Is it possible to INNER JOIN in Appsheet like it is done in SQL?

Currently I have several tables referenced by a FK and PK, but I don’t understand if it is possible to do an INNER JOIN between them to generate views or update data.

tks

0 5 2,210
5 REPLIES 5

Intersect is equivalent to a SQL inner join.

Select(table[column], 
  IsNotBlank(INTERSECT(
    {List 1},
    {List 2}
  ))
)

I’ve used this for pulling records that share similar values inside lists.

Thanks @Jonathon and @MultiTech_Visions.

I understand that you could use the INTERSECT to extract only one value, but not to query two tables simultaneously. In the same way, your answer serves me for other functions, thank you very much.

I’m not sure if the original problem was solved, but I have found a way to get a near functional equivalent to the inner join, but it needs to be at design time. The trick is using an xref table to join the two data tables.
Example:

Table Cars:
car1 red convertable
car2 blue jeep

Table Drivers:
driver1 Teenage son
driver2 Teenage daughter
driver3 Old man

Table Xref:
driver1 car1
driver2 car2

You can reference values from both drivers and cars in the xref table using a calculation field.
To connect a driver to the car you just hit add on the xref table from either the driver or car.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but it has worked well for me.

Building a join table in order to manage a many to many is a very common build technique. If you search for it, you'll be able to find a sample app (from me) and a build video along with it here in the community somewhere. 

Top Labels in this Space