Is it possible to have two "edit" actions that edit different columns on the same data table?

Firstly, I’m still relatively new to AppSheet, so I’m still learning all the ins and outs.

Anyway, is there a way to create two different edit actions on the same data table that edit different columns? For example, “Edit #1,” when clicked will bring up the form to edit columns: ‘Name’ and ‘Age’. Then there’s a second button, “Edit #2,” that only brings up the form to edit columns: ‘Address’ and ‘Date of Birth’. Is this possible?

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated!

1 4 425
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Definitely possible. You’ll need to create a slice of your table for each form you want (one with Name & Age, another with Address & Date of Birth), then create “deep link” actions that take the user to the desired form.

See also:

@Steve I created a new slice and added a new action for my main table with the “go to another view within this app” choice and put the LINKTOFORM() Equation that links to my slice’s form. But, when submitted, it adds a new row instead of editing. What am I missing?

EDIT: Just found out I needed to use LINKTOROW() instead. Thanks for the help, you pointed me into the right direction!

Well done!

I was on the same way as you, thanks for the LINKTOROW() key, I would not have made it without that information. Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space