Is it possible to upload multiple images at o...

Is it possible to upload multiple images at once from Appsheet?

I have a use case where users have to add more than one image but its tedious to do so when uploading them one by one, is there a feature that can allow users to just select all the images they would like to upload and upload the at once?

0 8 1,444
8 REPLIES 8

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible. You would need to add more image columns to your table structure or create a related table structure for your images. Check this articleโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

Following this feature

Following this feature

I was able to build a work around using Google Apps Script & incorporating it into behaviors. The UI isnโ€™t the greatest.

The concept is from projects, trigger the behavior passing the project ID. The user uploads the images that are stored to the drive and a sheet.

In my table I have the standard filter setup for that project.

Here is the app in action: Day to Data Inc - AppSheet Dev - Multi Image Upload.mp4 - Google Drive

Hello @DayToDataInc , that behavior is awesome! Can you explain a little more in detail how to replicate that? Maybe pointing me in the right direction, are those images in the device's internal memory or already uploaded to the cloud?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,

@JA003, thanks for watching the video! The HTML & code was written in Google Apps Script bound to a Sheet, in a specific directory. This was deployed as a web app that takes in the project ID as the parameter.

In AppSheet I had to create an action to open the external URL passing the current row's project ID.

The JavaScript stored it on the client side of the HTML & the form is standard HTML multi-file upload.

The images are stored on a local device, and then uploaded to the directory with a naming convention, and the file name, project ID, image URL (in Google Drive) is stored in the sheet. That sheet is then referenced back to AppSheet linking it to the project based on the ID.

I hope this helps explain it. This was the only work around I found to easily upload multiple images and associate them to a specific project while storing them in Google Drive.

Regards,

Will

Nice! Thanks a lot for sharing @DayToDataInc !

Regards,

cool, i need that...

Top Labels in this Space