Is there a way to open Google meets inside appsheet app?

I would like to have video chat within my appsheet app. Wondering if I can use google meets? or another video solution?

1 6 875
6 REPLIES 6

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible

@tsuji_koichi had posted this:

Also, I actually tested this with my team, and at the time it worked pretty flawlessโ€ฆ

there has got to be a way to at least launch a google meet from appsheet especially if using google calendar as a data source no?

I mean, I guess somewhere in the future they will integrate Google Meet with AppSheet the same way they have added Google Drive and Calendar as datasources, but the closets today would be some kind of GMeet public API

The app creator cannot configure an app to start another arbitrary app (like Google Chat). Even in those cases where the app can start other apps (e.g., email, phone), the device's default app is used and is not configurable by the app creator.

The best option you might have is to configure your app to launch a URL that the device is configured to handle by opening a specific app. For instance, if Google Chat is installed, it may be configured to intercept and handle chat.google.com URLs, so launching a chat.google.com URL from the app may have the effect of opening Google Chat. Mind you, I've never tried this myself; I'm just speculating. If you try it, please let us know what you discover!

Top Labels in this Space