I've got clients, and jobs... When I'm lookin...

I’ve got clients, and jobs… When I’m looking at the client detail view, it’s showing me the Jobs as a Gallery, I don’t want a gallery, I want a table lusted there… I tried creating a Table for the Jobs position REF,

but it’s still wanting to show a gallery…

Is there any way to select what view I want shown?

0 5 328
5 REPLIES 5

I halfway figured it out… I use slices with no filters so that I can arrange columns… I build all of my views off of slices. So I had to go back into the standard ref-rows that is system created and identify the proper slice… Then create the table view… Even still I don’t know how to specify which view to use there…

(Unless I specify a distinct slice just for that view, and then create a matching view for exactly that slice…)

Would it be easier to regenerate the table for correct column order

Tables and slices are each entities, which means their views are independent of each other.

@Grant_Stead you were right when you said you’ll need to create a duplicate of the view for the slice, because that’s exactly what you have to do.

I personally think that it’s great that they are treated separately, because that gives you the ability to show data differently even though it’s still basically the same data… Because ones of slice and ones and actual table. Or both are slices, or whatever.

Think about it like this, maybe I want to show the past 60 days of something as a table on top (that way you can easily see numbers and labels and such) and then a graph of the exact same data underneath it.

The only way you can accomplish that, is by creating a separate slice and making another ref rows in your original table… And now you have two separate entities, that are both filled with the same data. But because they are separate entities, they have different view controls.

Ya dig?

@MultiTech_Visions I do dig, I do!

I think my main issue is that it is obscure to not be able to select which view it’s pointing too…

It’s also obscure that you can’t reorder the columns directly from within the form view…

Top Labels in this Space