Looking for some input. Working on a public ...

Looking for some input.

Working on a public app for pre-registration for evacuation centers.

Currently there is a main form to capture head of household info, then child forms for additional members and pets.

I need to figure out a way to prevent people from saving the form before they complete the other entries, or figure out a way to return them to their info to access pet and additional registrations via the detail page, but preventing them from accessing any other information.

Whatโ€™s the best way to do this?

Here is the link to the app:

install: https://www.appsheet.com/newshortcut/8e979506-5815-4ca6-8cae-fb5599bb1c98

browser link: https://www.appsheet.com/start/8e979506-5815-4ca6-8cae-fb5599bb1c98

0 5 315
5 REPLIES 5

Yep, thatโ€™ll be toughโ€ฆ I think you just need to accept the input, and move on. And, send them an email with their info. (Now, you can get crazyโ€ฆ Maybe have a link in the email and somehow store a record id and pull that upโ€ฆ)

This worked beautifully!!!

Thank you so much!

Good to know it worked as per your needs.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

do you have any suggestions for this?

see pic.

Hi @Tammi_Canelli, Grantโ€™s guidance is correct.

I also saw your other post , where in you have requirement of enabling related table record only if user responds with [Pets]=Yes or [Other Pets]= Yes in main formโ€ฆ

Continuing the same thread, you may wish to try the following to ensure that if user enters either [Pets]=Yes or [Other Pets]= Yes ,then

she/he enters at least one related record, without which the form cannot be submitted.

1. Please create a virtual column , say with name of [COUNTPETRECORDS] of Number type in main table. Please have

expression as COUNT([Related Pet Info Column Name]) in this column.

Please include this virtual column in the main form with suitable heading.

This related column [Related Pet Info Column Name] is reverse reference column in the main table for pet information table. I think we have previously discussed this in other post.

1. In the Valid_if of [COUNTPETRECORDS] , please enter an expression

=OR(AND((OR([Pets]=TRUE,[Other Pets]=TRUE)),[_this]>=1),AND((AND([Pets]=FALSE,[Other Pets]=FALSE)),[_this]=0))

The

above expression will ensure that if the user enters โ€œYesโ€ for pets or other pets question fields,the main form can be completed only if the user enters at least one row in the related record.

I did a basic testing of this expression.

Hope this helps.

Top Labels in this Space