New Bug Encountered: Overlay action on Dashboard views not on fixed position

The overlay action on mobile Dashboard views is exactly appearing as normal overlay on the bottom-right of the screen. Its appearing on the bottom of the view, not the screen.

On long views, we need to scroll the screen to see the action on the bottom of the view. Otherwise, we cannot see it.

Solved Solved
1 18 790
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A fix has begun rolling out, please let me know if you see any change (for better or worse) in action button placement.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Good catch! I wonder what happens when there are two Detail views in the same Dashboard?

I have yet to encounter this on any of my dashboards on mobile. Does it happen on multiple different phones?

Adding @nico @morgan

This bug is still around.

Iโ€™ve got a dashboard view showing a small map view on top of a very long list of records in a deck view. One has to scroll to the very bottom of this list to access the Add overlay button.

This only affects mobile/device views. In a browser, the overlay action shows fine.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Developers are aware of the problem. Apparently, it only affects smaller-screen devices.

Aware of the problem and Fixing a problem are 2 different things. Trust me I have allot of this experience running a business. Is there a plan to fix this? I think there should be a list on this site to see what devs are working on :). And so you know certain items are not forgotten about etc.

Any news on fixing this?

โ€œDisplay overlayโ€ on Dashboard is working as โ€œDisplay at the bottom of the viewโ€. Thatโ€™s very different, specially on longer-than-the-screen views.

A fix should be coming soon pending successful review and testing.

mpahic

Is this bug already fixed? Because I am getting the same problem on my application.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Did you ever find a solution to this? Iโ€™m experiencing this currently

You are experiencing this bug here as well as this one?

Nope, only this one. The buttons were just so far down on mobile that I didnโ€™t realize they were even there. I put it a ticket with supportโ€ฆ but it looks like this issue is quite old, so Iโ€™m a little worried I wonโ€™t find a solution any time soon.

Just adding it here. Already contacted support.

Thanks for reporting it. Weโ€™ll be rolling out a fix with the next build, most likely tomorrow.

A fix has begun rolling out, please let me know if you see any change (for better or worse) in action button placement.

Problem still happeningProblem still happening

Problem "solved" 2021, Still happening in 2022

Top Labels in this Space