In the coming days you’ll see a few changes in this community forum. Based on your feedback, we have two goals in mind that we believe will make you more successful as an app creator. First, we want to help make existing topics/ideas/questions more discoverable to all ability levels. Second, we want to encourage more ‘idea’ contributions from everyone in the community (we may know how the product works best to start, but you know how best to use it).
What we considered:
- Tags have been incomplete or inaccurate and need to better represent more of the product with the tags available.
- Many topics become redundant and/or hidden over time.
- Most traffic in the community is coming from ‘readers’ who just search/browse content.
We ran the numbers and here’s a chart that demonstrates a “Summarized Breakdown of Existing Topics”
With the data and community feedback in mind, we discovered a few areas that we could make improvements. Here’s a list of what we’re updating:
- Main update is a new menu bar focused on quick access to popular/important tags, to help everyone discover relevant topics & resources
- Expanded tags included under ‘Expressions’ umbrella, since it’s the most popular type of content
- Increased tag max per topic to 3
- Main categories, badges and ‘trust’ levels remain the same for now
Here’s a sneak peak of what the new navigation bar will look like:
Our ask of you is this. If you’ve posted topics or responded to threads that you feel would benefit from a change in tags, we encourage you to update the associated tags for accuracy. You have a better understanding of the intent behind your questions or post better than our team and we hope that this update helps you identify how to classify your questions and comments in the future.
Finally, this change is meant to help you, the app creator. Because this will impact how you find solutions and assistance within the community, we highly encourage you to leave your feedback by responding to either the poll below or by leaving comments in this thread.
We look forward to continuing to build a strong community that helps you thrive. Thank you all for being a part of it!