Option to Select All in Enumlist

Hello All,

I tried looking around for any topic on this, but was not successful. So I’ll ask, is there a way to have an option of “Select All” inside an Enmulist column?

Solved Solved
0 10 676
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It’s already there. It just only shows if there are zero items previously selected.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

It’s already there. It just only shows if there are zero items previously selected.

What?? I guess I never really looked!

Hello, I'm facing a similar problem here, but for an Enum column (not Enumlist). The Select All button doesn't seem to be here for such a column, does anyone know how I can enable it or configure it? 

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 2.13.24 PM.png

Enum by definition allows the user to select any ONE option from many. So enum column type will not present that "Select All" option. You may alternatively wish to consider using Enumlist option for "Select All" option.

Please see column type descriptions:

Column data types - AppSheet Help

That makes a lot of sense, thank you! What I want to do is not necessarily to "Select All" as a real function, but make it quicker such that in my screenshot above, I don't mind a list of options that show France, Sweden, Ecuador etc. (everything) EXCEPT Guinea, Netherlands - for example. And in this case, each entry only has one country, so it cannot be an Enumlist. Does this make sense? It's more of a more convenient way to select all the options but be able to uncheck exceptions. 

Thank you. Even though your requirement is not exactly clear. Could you elaborate what you mean by 

" I don't mind a list of options that show France, Sweden, Ecuador etc. (everything) EXCEPT Guinea, Netherlands - for example. And in this case, each entry only has one country"

You have mentioned everything as well as only one country. 

Ah OK basically for example, I have a list of rows that are assigned one country each. I can't do an ENUMLIST because if I search for, for e.g., India and China, it will look for a row that has both India and China, but what I want to find is rows that have EITHER India OR China. So I need to keep the ENUM type column, but when I look for a row, because I have about 100 countries, I want a more efficient way where I can search for rows with any country, but be able to mark exceptions where I don't want certain countries returned. Right now this is possible but I have to individually check all the countries except for the exclusions, but I'm looking for something like a UX function that will allow me to click "Select all".

Oh okay. Thank you. It sounds that you will have only one exclusion since you  still want to use enum.

If so,  you could possibly have an "inverted" enum called say "Exclude Country" instead of just calling it "Country"

Then whatever country the user selects in the enum, you could exclude it from further processing in your app ( in expressions etc.) by using [Exclude Country] value suitably.

Or second option to try is to have the column as Enumlist with following settings

Valid_if :

COUNT([_THIS])>=99 ( If you have 100 countries)

Initial value:

LIST ( Country 1, Country 2, Country 3................, Country 99, Country 100)

Define App formulas and Initial values - AppSheet Help

Thanks a lot for your quick replies, but I'm still confused about the solutions you're proposing... The first option - what would this look like exactly? I still need this column, but I could create another virtual column - how do I do an inverted enum to enable that search?

The first option will be exactly like your current enum. Just that user will select the country he wishes to exclude.

Top Labels in this Space