Optionally change the width of detail view to fit with screen size

Detail view is cutting off the space both side, left and right when we view the same on the computer regardless of the screen size.

When we have table view as inline, we need to scroll to right to view the rest of column.

If we could change the width of Detail View optionally to full width to expand, we can instantly access and view the rest of the columns.
Even for the rest of view, like card, gallery etc, it would give more quicker insight to user to access to the items in inline view as well.

People may say we can achieve by setting the view to Dashboard, but user experience of those two view, i.e. full width detail view and dashboard view is different.

Please allow me to raise as a feature request.

@morgan

Status Delivered
33 20 2,717
20 Comments
Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

When I visited to Appheet office, I spoke and mention to team as one of feature request as well, but let me add the same here.

In addition to this particular feature request to expand the width till full screen size, the detail view itself can have another option to change it to multiple column, meaning, we set

1. full screen
  2. Number of column ; 2 (for instance)

Then the items on the detail view will be displayed in the form of two column along with full width to fit your own screen.

Currently the left right side of the detail view on the pc browser view is kinda of “dead space”, i simply want to utilize the space. Mottainai (もったいない).

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5
Hussein_Maloo

I am facing the same issue. the user experience is greatly affected when the detail view is not fitting to screen size, especially on pc browser users. There is a bank space on the left and right that is not utilized. see image below

Appsheet, kindly requesting a feature, to allow detail views and form views to be full screen, ie fit to to screen width

Many thanks

Umang_Oswal
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Facing the same issue

Umang_Oswal
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

We need this urgently

Umang_Oswal
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Please complete width detail view is must required thing.

Bogdan_Stan
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I find this problem the biggest for APSHEET UX…

Lam_Nguyen

same issue

same issue

The only workaround i found for avoiding that massive space loss is to put the detail views in dashboards, it just happens that, when given the exact window size where there’s no space wasted, the detail view is actually wider than those of detail views outside of dashboards, curious.

Crude comparison made with paint for reference, the first one is as seen in a dashboard with just the right window size, and the other one is the default window view.

Maris_Kanders
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Hello!
The same Issue! Please widen Details view in appsheet!

Godson_Antony

Please do sorting about it, facing the same issue.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

ecitonapplicati
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

+1, this is a big big problem and would improve this solution massively.

PabloDemichelis
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Is there any news on this?