Printing from AppSheet with Zapier

Hi.
I have attempted to setup an automated print job from my app using Google Cloud Print and Zapier. I am completely new to Zapier. I have the Webhook created successfully in AppSheet and Zapier is automating the printing. However, the problem I have is my template is printing with the google doc template << [ ] >> tags / column names e.g. <<[Paid By]>> instead of the actual values passed in to the form on AppSheet Credit Card. Is it possible someone could advise could advise me where I am going wrong in my setup?

In the โ€˜Contentโ€™ part of the Zap setup I have the below but not sure if correct.

Thank you.

0 7 772
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Maurice - the method Iโ€™ve had the most success with in the past is by having Zapier print the content of a forwarded email or the PDF attached to the email (each generated by an AppSheet workflow). Zapier can receive that content, then forward it to Google Cloud Print.

Hi @Peter. Thank you for the advice. I will test this approach instead.

Hi @Peter

Can I just ask what you put in the โ€˜Contentโ€™ field in the screenshot below? I am definitely missing something but I canโ€™t seem to get the actual attachment details to print. The print is being triggered but just not the attachment generated from the workflow in AppSheet.

Thank you.

FYI- Google Cloud Print is shuttind down

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9633006?hl=en

Thank you @GreenFlux. I am aware of this. I am just trying to familiarise myself with this space a bit more.

@MauriceWhelan
Some Printers have their own Email address like Epson, or Kyocera.
You could use this address directly in AppSheet without using Zapier and Google Cloud Print.

Top Labels in this Space