Reselling Apps?

I am interested in reselling one of the apps I’ve built in Appsheet to my clients.

Is that possible with the ‘white label’ version or will I need to hire a developer to create a custom app from scratch?

1 14 5,972
14 REPLIES 14

@Amir_West1
You can white-label your app and then publish it in the Stores as a paid application.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

My only remaining question is about the cost - I see that the Pro subscription allows white labeling within it’s advanced features section. So then if I am understanding correctly every user who downloads and installs the app would add $10 per month to my bill, correct?

That’s correct @Amir_West1

Just follow up question from me. I am new (1 week).

Minimum number of licenses are 10 in order to whitelabel app.

If I use one license to demo would I only be charged for the 1 active license?

Thank you.

surely this can't be right....? most apps don't even cost the user $10 per month. how can appsheet be charging $10 per user...? its counter intuitive as it will hinder the uptake of the app due to it being expensive. is this not $10 per team member using appsheet builder? surely not $10 for each user of the app that is created...? 

Ok I lied - ONE final question I just thought of!

With white label use where users install directly from the app store, is the user authentication still tied to basically the user having a Microsoft or Google email acct?

(I’ve had users who were yahoo.com email for instance where they basically had to create a new email address in order to use my existing app, which is not the end of the world for a handful of users but with paying customers who may become plentiful it could be a headache I’d imagine…)

@Amir_West1
Set the authentication provider to ANY to allow any user who have a cloud associated email address with one of the approved cloud providers and set Allow all signed-in users to ON so you don’t have to enter each user to the white-list of the app thru the Users pane

Mike_T

2 parter…

1. If I want to sell the app as a service to another company do I have to white label?

2. What if the users of the app do not have a cloud based email account. They are tied to their companies email. @companydomainname.com?

No need to white-label the app. You can use delegated billing to handle the user licences.

If you subscribe to AppSheet Business Plan and also integrate AWS Cognito Authentication Gateway add-on to your subscription, users can create their own Username/Pwd or Useremail/Pwd combination to login.

Follow up question to this thread

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but it looks like maybe the cost structure would not be compatible with selling cheap apps on the google play store, correct? If it costs $10 per download, essentially, in fees (per month) then wouldn’t that be really high if the app only sells for $1-2?

Is there any option available for people who purely want to sell apps on the google play store? I built a rather complex program in Google sheets, once upon a time, but I haven’t used it in years due to changes in my business model…but it is a really useful tool I think would be good for an app…but again, I wouldn’t be charging much for the app on the google play store. Just trying to make use of something that was already built and is collecting dust being underutilized.

i would also like an answer to this. $10 per month is a lot of money for and that is not even the app subscription yet. they need to get that down to $0.50 - $1.00 or maybe 5% of the app subs...

Same boat... if this is the pricing, NO WAY in hell would I use this.  A million users would mean, 'Congratulations, you made an app people like - now you have to pay Google $10M just for what other people downloaded.'  There are easier ways to give away $10M than spending hours toiling to build a useful app.  Like throw it in the fireplace.  Toss it out a car window.  Bury it in the desert....

AppSheet is per user model for secure apps ( that allow user sign in ) and not a per app model. So at $10 per user per month, there can be even 100 apps( theoretically any number) that can be set up for same set of users at $10 per user per month each. For 100 apps , it would cost 10 cents per month per user per app. For more practical number of 15 apps in an organization, it will cost $0.67 per user per month per app. So the subscription model benefits organizations to create a suit of different applications for say 10s or 100s or many more employees/members to run various organization operations because per app cost is optimized.

But if someone tries to use the above model just for a single app and many users, the model may not be very economical.

For per app,  there are Publisher pro  plans ( $50 per app per month) but that plan is meant for only non-sensitive data and where user sign in is not required. Here the number of users can be unlimited.

Pricing | Google AppSheet

Hi everyone,

I've been approached by a mate who'd like to sell an AppSheet app to his industry through Google Play. I note the pricing model issues, so was wondering if anyone's got any examples of AppSheet apps in the Google Play store that I could show him?

Top Labels in this Space