Risk Matrix Calculation

Hello,

I am creating a risk matrix that calculates the final risk for the user.
Here is the table:

I found this Topic:

This user is doing essentially the same thing but settles on a symmetrical table,
This table however is not symmetrical and I cannot change this.

Using the other Users response of turning the matrix into values I came back with this:
3X_d_e_de82b2c6c498b8cd2cb530b0fb07ab2e2acd206d.png

You can see I have had to use decimal places to make it work.

The issue comes from the user input.

I need a way to allow the user to make intuitive input. replacing the consequence and likelihood with .5, 1.5, 4.5 etc is not ideal haha.

I need a way to mask the user input of Major, or Likely with a decimal number that they cannot see?

Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 3 776
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SKETCHwade,

Another approach could be to convert the enum values 1 to 5 of each of the columns [Consequence] and [Likleihood] to the assigned weights with an intermediate column with an expression like below. Say this intermediate column is called [RiskCalculate] of decimal type.

SWITCH([Consequence],1, 1, 2, 1.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4, 5 , 4.5, 0)+ SWITCH([Likelihood],1, 0.5, 2, 1.5, 3, 3, 4, 3.5, 5, 4, 0)

So in the [RiskCalculate] column we convert the enum values ( 1 to 5) to assigned weights (1,1.5, 3.5 etc.) and also add them as per matrix calculation needs.

Now in the [Result] column of the risk level, you could have an expression something like

IFS([RiskCalculate]<=4,“L”, [RiskCalculate]<=5,“M”, [RiskCalculate]<=7, “H”, [RiskCalculate]>7,“E”)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How about something like below?

Thanks @Heru

I think this will be my best option at the moment I’m probably over complicating the process.

Thank you

Hi @SKETCHwade,

Another approach could be to convert the enum values 1 to 5 of each of the columns [Consequence] and [Likleihood] to the assigned weights with an intermediate column with an expression like below. Say this intermediate column is called [RiskCalculate] of decimal type.

SWITCH([Consequence],1, 1, 2, 1.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4, 5 , 4.5, 0)+ SWITCH([Likelihood],1, 0.5, 2, 1.5, 3, 3, 4, 3.5, 5, 4, 0)

So in the [RiskCalculate] column we convert the enum values ( 1 to 5) to assigned weights (1,1.5, 3.5 etc.) and also add them as per matrix calculation needs.

Now in the [Result] column of the risk level, you could have an expression something like

IFS([RiskCalculate]<=4,“L”, [RiskCalculate]<=5,“M”, [RiskCalculate]<=7, “H”, [RiskCalculate]>7,“E”)

Top Labels in this Space