Row order of a child table is messed up!

Hi,

I have a parent table and a child table where the child table is a part of parent table. The data which is chosen to enter into child data is based on a third table.

This is the problem:

When i enter my data into child table according to the row order i want. When i click save and check the row order, it shows different row order.

Does anybody know why is this happening?

0 8 453
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Have you checked how the sort order is set up in the View for your child table?

You might check the sort on the Inline Table View for the cloud table. Sort by rownumber or time-stamp if you have one. This is a system generated view and may be hidden until you press the โ€œshow system viewsโ€ text in the UX >> Views tab.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The order the rows are displayed within AppSheet is controlled by the configuration of the view displaying the rows. The order or the rows in the spreadsheet has no effect on the display order unless you tell AppSheet to keep that order.

It has no issue in my UX. I have issue in my report as it does not print according to the row order i want.

In your report, you will likely need to specify row order through an Orderby() expression inside the Start: expression in your report template.

There is some documentation on this if you search start: expressions on help.appsheet.com

May I ask what SELECT expression are you using with your Start: expression?

Hi Aleksi,

I am using <<Start:[Matching Items]>> โ€ฆ<>

The formula to calculate [Matching Items] is this:
SELECT(
D.O.Invoice[D.O.],
AND(
[Supplier]=[_ThisRow].[Supplier],
[Date]>=[Date Start],
[Date]<=[Date End]
)
)

As Stefan proposed, you could use ORDERBY expression before the SELECT. Something likeโ€ฆ
ORDERBY(SELECT(D.O.Invoice[D.O.],AND(โ€ฆ)),[Timestamp],FALSE)

Top Labels in this Space