Screenshot to whatsapp

ETS

Hi,

I have created an app for complaint booking. In the application, I have created a UX for complaint details. But when I have booked a complaint I want to share in our WhatsApp group.
Normally I have to take a screenshot from mobile and crop it and share it with WhatsApp.
can you please advise me any other solution for this, means directly share to WhatsApp without screenshot and crop. but I want the same view in WhatsApp also not content only

Thanks
ETS

0 9 1,034
9 REPLIES 9

What I have understood this is not possible with the URL directly in the same way than you can open prefilled Whatsapp message. Though you should be able to do that through Whatsappโ€™s API.

i have created a share button in app to share my app content to whatsapp. its working perfectly but the issue is i want to share the content to other application also. is this possible

the below is the details

โ€œhttps://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=&text=Your complaint has been registeredโ€ &
"%0A%0AComplaint No:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Complaint No.], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0ABuilding:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Customer Name], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0ARoom:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Room/ Unit], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0AComplaint:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Complaint details], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0APriority:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Priority], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0AAppointment Date:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Appointment Date], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0ATime:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Time], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
"%0AStatus:- " & SUBSTITUTE ([Status], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ )
โ€œ%0A_Our service team will attend to your complaint within 24 working hours.In case of any emergency kindly call to +971567642365_โ€
โ€œ%0A%0A_Emirates Technical Services_โ€

You really should be using this in your expression:

can you please give me more idea about this

You should probably wrap every SUBSTITUTE() expression with ENCODEURL() to ensure that any special characters the user may have entered donโ€™t interfere with the URL you are constructing.

โ€œhttps://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=&text=Your complaint has been registeredโ€ &
"%0A%0AComplaint No:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Complaint No.], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0ABuilding:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Customer Name], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0ARoom:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Room/ Unit], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0AComplaint:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Complaint details], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0APriority:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Priority], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0AAppointment Date:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Appointment Date], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0ATime:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Time], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
"%0AStatus:- " & ENCODEURL(SUBSTITUTE ([Status], โ€˜+โ€™, โ€œโ€ ))
โ€œ%0A_Our service team will attend to your complaint within 24 working hours.In case of any emergency kindly call to +971567642365_โ€
โ€œ%0A%0A_Emirates Technical Services_โ€

Hi @ETS you can use the AppSheetโ€™s in-app Share Button, or you can create your own Share Button.

Please see also the posts above.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I donโ€™t understand. Please explain further.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I donโ€™t know. You will probably need to research the WhatsApp API to figure out if or how to do it.

can you please advise me on any solution for share to WhatsApp, APPSHEET content only.

HOW TO CREATE ACTION OR ANY OTHER SOLUTION?

Top Labels in this Space