Select a View Name using an entry in a column

Hi all,
I am trying to use a behaviour action to view a different view in the app. For this, I want to use the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW expression. In it, as the “Some Table Name”, I want to use a value which can be changed by the user. Is this possible? Like as in LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Kidney - Age Distribution”, [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station]), I want to change this “Kidney - Age Distribution” in to some other view when the user selects that view name as a value from a list in an Enum type column. Is this doable?
The [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station] part does something similar, because for the [Station] column in the relevant table, user selects a value using a pull down Enum type menu. I was wondering whether that kind of a selection can be done for the View name as well.
Thanks.

0 5 438
5 REPLIES 5

As long as the View name is valid, it should work. Did you try it?

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW([View Name], [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station])

Thanks, but it says “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW has invalid inputs” when I do that.

You have two alternatives here:

1. You can create more buttons with different view names to be opened. And set the visible condition on that.

2. You can add a virtual column on the same table which will return the “View names”(based on your row level conditions). Use the same column instead of static view name like “Kidney - Age Distribution”
    This is just like using a dash board to open different views.

Thanks. I think I have to opt for the 1st option. The second option isn’t possible since all the views I want to get are chart views, and these chart views are based on different columns. Appreciate your help.

I think 2nd is also not a bad idea, it may take a bit more effort.

However you need to find the expression to show/ hide all those buttons based on the selected row. The same can be used for your Virtual column to pass the “view name”.
But It will be more clean without having more number of buttons and expressions on the buttons to show/hide.

Top Labels in this Space