Using Intelligence Predictive Model

I am trying to use the intelligence Predictive Model and i am not getting any data from it. It does not predict anything.

0 8 1,007
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Tiger,

When you add a new record in that table with new values for all these months, are you not seeing any new value in the โ€˜Total Predictionโ€™ column?

Oh. This is based on adding new data? I put this table together based on historical data - I wonโ€™t be adding or changing it. But I wanted the prediction model to predict next yearโ€™s revenue.

Shane

How do i make the model predict without having to add new data? I created a table that has four years of data. From this table i want the prediction model to predict next years revenue. So, I am not adding any new info/data. Can this work?

So you have four years of past revenue and revenue only, and you want to forecast next yearโ€™s revenue without any input. Is that correct?

Yes.

Currently, this is beyond the scope of our predictive models.

Our predictive models can predict a new outcome from new input data, based on what is already known. They can be based on past data (past inputs + past outcome), but it could be other data as well. This is different from forecasting where you make a prediction based not on new inputs but rather on what has happened over a certain period of time in the past.

Ok. I have the table (revenue from past) but to get that table built - i had to use inputs (items out X rate of the item (per month)). So i do have inputs (items out and the rate of the item (how much we charge)), but the table i built is just showing the revenue (so it only shows the actual revenue - not how it got the revenue). But you are saying, if i have the inputs (items out and Rate of the item) i can predict? Also, are there others predicting (Forecasting) revenue based on past?

If you know how many items youโ€™ll be selling next year, you can compute next yearโ€™s revenue by applying the same formula (โ€˜items outโ€™ X โ€˜rate of the itemโ€™) and you donโ€™t need a predictive model for that.

Now, how do you know the โ€˜items outโ€™ for next year? It seems to me you would still have the same problem, you still need to forecast the โ€˜items outโ€™.

Top Labels in this Space