XY Column Type

map
(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #1

If you want to customize the base layer of your map view, consider ‘XY’ column types. When the column type is marked as ‘XY’ you’ll see the option in your column definition to link to a hosted image (that will serve as your map base layer).

After including a link to the map image, you’ll be able to add points to that image, just like you’d add lat/long points on a map. Your XY coordinates will be percentages across the height/width of the background image (50,50 will be the center).

5 Likes
(Dewa Batara) #2

helo Peter…
im Dewa from Indonesia…
thanks for all the guide n share u been doing recently
its really help me understanding more about Appsheet.

But for this share about XY colum type …
its seems i cannot posible to use any baseimage that i wanted
its any creteria, likewise size picture etc …

plis respond it in fast … i tend to forgot lately

(Steve Fuller) #3

Hi. I struggled with XY column and images for a long time. The trick for me is to store my images (images of general arrangements of buildings for example) in my own website. (http://my-sgf.co.uk/workspace/storage.html) then copy and paste the URL into the Base Data section.
Good luck

1 Like
(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #4

Good point, @Steve_Fuller, thanks. Google Cloud is another good option, for those without hosting elsewhere.

1 Like
(Riki Armstrong) #5

Is it possible to specify a URL link that comes from another column in the app? I have a drawings table and I want to add the ability to add multiple (LatLong) markups on each drawing in a separate markup table. The URL of the drawing image is stored in the original drawings table as Link_URL.

(Steve Coile) #6

I’d certainly think so. You can use an expression to construct the URL however you want.

(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #7

@Riki_Armstrong you can definitely do this. Here’s an example where each ‘facility’ in an app has an indoor map. To accomplish this, the table of facilities has a column for the XY image value of each indoor map (click on the map icon associated with inspection points to see the indoor maps, and check out the ‘Data’ to see how it’s setup).

2 Likes
(Grant Stead) #8

Is there a an “easy” way to upload an image with appsheet, intra app, and then utilize it as the floor plan?
I see your URLs, but where did those come from?

(Riki Armstrong) #9

I figured this one out today. Details are at the bottom of this help file

https://help.appsheet.com/ux/views/displaying-images-and-documents

Basically, add a column to your sheet with a formula that points to the image column (where the user uploads intra-app.

Add this formula to the column in Google Sheet:
=SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(“https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName="," Your app name - number “,”&tableName=”," Your table name “,”&fileName=",+ your spreadsheet column and rowi.e. E2 ), " ", “%20”)

You will have to regenerate the structure in Appsheet to get this formula as the autocomplete.

Use this new column as the background for the XY column.

2 Likes
(Grant Stead) #10

@Riki_Armstrong Genius, I’m on it!