1 Form multiple different view for different user types

Hi all,

Is it possible for a certain user type, lets call them Type X, to only see a few selected questions rather than the full form? Additionally, for some of questions that aren’t displayed to Type X users the answers are pre-filled?

Solved Solved
0 6 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it’s possible. You can construct an expression for the SHOW_IF property of the columns to show/hide them from a user set/user sub-set.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes it’s possible. You can construct an expression for the SHOW_IF property of the columns to show/hide them from a user set/user sub-set.

That what I was trying.
Retried after I saw your reply. And it works. Must have bene a syntax related issue

For anyone looking for more details about my solution:
Use show_if based on CONTEXT(“VIEW”) titles. I have separate views for typeX users.

Thank you.

You’re welcome. However, rather than creating seperate UX Views for each user, it could be more effective and time-saving as yet, to setup a Users table, set everything out there and then use a simple LOOKUP expression inside the SHOW_IF of the columns.

That is interesting. I did no think of that. I am already using a table with users’ details.
What stopped me from doing that is the ability to show a different name for the view…but I can setup a formula in “Display Name” to show X user group a different name.

EDIT 2:30pm:
Just figured out why I didn’t do it that way. For user group X I want them to see a very 1-dimensional form. Each view allows them to submit a report about a specific issue. That way they can’t confuse issues, and the form is very short for them.

@Behram_BASHIR
Provided you think and look thru the right perspective, there are many possibilities to reach a certain goal. Besides, no pain no gain Keep up with it…

That’s quite easy to do and you can set experessions in the columns in a way that for each group of users see a different form, different column set and upon save may be a different view. These are all constructible. You don’t need to mess with X number of ref forms, views etc. for each user.

For example you can prefer to use USERSETTINGS as well which is device specific and the user can choose his/her group/type from the very beginning and you can refer to this USERSETTINGS value easily to re-configure column show_ifs etc.

Top Labels in this Space