Action based on confirmation message popup click

Hi!

Is there a way to understand what is being clicked in the confirmation message and take different action based on user's answer?

For context, I have an app for inputting financial statements - each record of my database is made of financial statement info for a given customer+period. It is common though that a given financial statements doc has 2 periods on it (i.e, current period and previous period) and I wanted to make the user's life easier whenever more than 1 period is available.

So what I thought was to add a confirmation message once a form entry is submitted that would ask whether the user wants to input a new period for the same customer. If the answer is No, then only record the current input; if the answer is Yes, beyond recording the current input, it would somehow open the form again pre-populated with data from the current input (which I'd also appreciate guidance on how to do it).

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 5 545
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I managed to implement it the way I described. For reference, I set 2 new actions.

(1) Confirm new input (this is the action that the app will take once the user choose "Yes" in the dialog):

victsei_2-1698333781357.png

The LINKTOFORM formula I set up the way described in the previous comments.

(2) Input other period: this one is to show the dialog box

victsei_0-1698333612794.png

Note that on "Actions" I linked to the "Confirm new input" action just created above. This one I linked to my "Add Financials" view, as follows:

victsei_1-1698333682657.png

Hope this is helpful to other people.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes it's possible with sequence of actions. You would need to have two actions in that sequence.. the first one will ask the confirmation (Y/N) with the INPUT("Confirmation","") action, and the 2nd one will decide which view it should show. It needs something like..
IF(
[Confirm]=FALSE, //this Confirm column is an additional column in your table
LINKTOVIEW("Data"),
LINKTOFORM("Data_Form","Customer",[Customer],"AnotherColumn",[Anothercolumn], etc.)
)

Thanks for your reply!

Can you expand on the first (which will ask the confirmation with INPUT action)?

The way I was considering doing was to set an action called "Input other period", for a record of my table "Database" (which is the one that contains every record of financial statements inputting), setting prominence as "Do not display" and Do This as "Grouped: execute a sequence of actions". Finally, I'd enable "Needs confirmation" and customize the message. However, I'm not super sure how can I set up the actions for Yes or No (as results of what the user would click in the confirmation dialog.

The 2nd action (which I'm not yet sure where should I add it) makes a lot of sense to me - I'm just struggling a bit with the LINKTOFORM bit because I'd need to do it (I think) in 2 steps:

(1) retrieve the data of the last inputted financials (I'm guessing I'd need to maybe use a SELECT to pull the MAX InputTimestamp for a given UserEmail and, with that, get the InputKey, which is the key for the latest record inputted;

(2) Populate the LINKTOFORM formula in a way it retrieves info from the key above (I'm guessing using LOOKUP?)

Thanks!

For this 2nd piece (which I mentioned I'd need to do in 2 steps) it just occurred to me that my assumption was that, when interacting with the confirmation dialog, the entry would already be recorded. If not, then I probably do not need these 2 steps and, instead, I just need to populate the LINKTOFORM formula with the current input - something like LINKTOFORM("Add Financials", "CustomerNumber", [_THIS].[CustomerNumber], "CustomerName", [_THIS].[CustomerName]). Does that make sense?

The first action is something like..

AleksiAlkio_0-1698327422649.png

I managed to implement it the way I described. For reference, I set 2 new actions.

(1) Confirm new input (this is the action that the app will take once the user choose "Yes" in the dialog):

victsei_2-1698333781357.png

The LINKTOFORM formula I set up the way described in the previous comments.

(2) Input other period: this one is to show the dialog box

victsei_0-1698333612794.png

Note that on "Actions" I linked to the "Confirm new input" action just created above. This one I linked to my "Add Financials" view, as follows:

victsei_1-1698333682657.png

Hope this is helpful to other people.

Top Labels in this Space