Adding image into form using URL

Hello All,

I have a column named “Image” and it has hosted images from another website via URL and they display perfect in the app.

The trouble is when I create a new entry via the app it only shows an “upload” option, thus every time I make a new entry I have to add it manually via google sheets document.

Is there a better way to do this? Basically when in a form view I want the “Image” column to have a URL field - is that possible? Am I missing something simple?

Solved Solved
1 7 2,510
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you tried:

1. Make that [Generic Image] as url type column
  2. Create a new virtual column with app formula CONCATENATE([Generic Image])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If your image in your form is static, why don’t use a SHOW type column with IMAGE attribute?

Adding an image to a form.
I am following the instructions but I think the information is for an older version of app sheet and simply do not work in the 2021 version.
I have set a column to show, I have an image url that I want to use, but can’t seem to get it to work. Am I going mad? Please help with the final steps in the current version
Thanks in advance.
Alan.

Hmm, not sure I understand what you mean.

This is how the app looks when I add a new entry. Where the generic image column is I want a option to be able to put a URL to the picture since the picture is hosted somewhere else and not on my device.

EDIT: It will be a different image each new entry.

Anyone have an idea or is this something just not possible right now?

Have you tried:

1. Make that [Generic Image] as url type column
  2. Create a new virtual column with app formula CONCATENATE([Generic Image])

You are awesome! You made my life so much easier! Thank you!!!

@cr130
You don’t need a Virtual column for this. It will slow down your overall sync performance.
From your table’s column schema, locate the [Generic Image] column, and change the column type to Show.

Top Labels in this Space