Adding multiple rows

On adding a new row into my table "Session" I want to create 8 new rows in my table "Players". 

Ive seen some complicated solutions for multiple rows (using workflows), but if I know it's always going to be 8 new rows can I just create 8 actions and run them?

Do I do this as a behaviour or a Bot?

Solved Solved
1 3 223
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the 8 new rows always has the same column values, i.e. values do not depend on the "Session" row added, then yes, you can simply create 8 actions and run them  or use the INPUT() function to create a single action and then call it 8 times passing it the different values.

INPUT()

As to whether you do these actions as a set on the Form Save behavior or run them in a Bot, I would say, depends on your needs.  I use the rule of thumb of whether the active user, in your case adding the "Session" row, needs to see the 8 Player rows right away.  If the user does, then execute them as part of a Form Save behavior.  If not,  then it's your choice/preference but I would probably place them in a Bot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If the 8 new rows always has the same column values, i.e. values do not depend on the "Session" row added, then yes, you can simply create 8 actions and run them  or use the INPUT() function to create a single action and then call it 8 times passing it the different values.

INPUT()

As to whether you do these actions as a set on the Form Save behavior or run them in a Bot, I would say, depends on your needs.  I use the rule of thumb of whether the active user, in your case adding the "Session" row, needs to see the 8 Player rows right away.  If the user does, then execute them as part of a Form Save behavior.  If not,  then it's your choice/preference but I would probably place them in a Bot.

Fantastic, thank you for the quick and clear response!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@bonacipher wrote:

can I just create 8 actions and run them?

Sure.

@bonacipher wrote:

Do I do this as a behaviour or a Bot?

It could be done with a behavior, or with a bot. I myself would use a behavior.

Top Labels in this Space