Application update

Hello,

I'm getting ready to make a considerable update to my application. I've made many changes including removing columns, tables, fields and more.

When I make the update to v2 of the application, will appsheet automatically regenerate the application structures and google sheet, or does this need to be made manually?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 84
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You should manually regenerate the structure of each table that you modified. 

View solution in original post

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@MartinCousineau before regenerating structure, if you have columns that remains but you just changed names, and you have formula refering to this column...you should consider renaming column names in the app editor to make these match with your column names in your sheets.

Then only, regenerate structure.

I think to particular cases such as "address" and you renamed it "address_site" in your sheets, for example. When regenerating, AppSheet will just think that these are two different columns event though this is the column number 5.

This way, some relations will be preserved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You should manually regenerate the structure of each table that you modified. 

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@MartinCousineau before regenerating structure, if you have columns that remains but you just changed names, and you have formula refering to this column...you should consider renaming column names in the app editor to make these match with your column names in your sheets.

Then only, regenerate structure.

I think to particular cases such as "address" and you renamed it "address_site" in your sheets, for example. When regenerating, AppSheet will just think that these are two different columns event though this is the column number 5.

This way, some relations will be preserved.

Top Labels in this Space