Arrange fields in UX-> Form views

This seems like an obvious request, but I canโ€™t seem to find it so here goesโ€ฆ

Form view field ordering
Currently questions are ordered based upon the underlying table structure, and you can reorder questions within the app by using slices. This often leads me to creating slices with the sole purpose of ordering of questions within form views.

It would be better if we could create form views and specify a column order in the same fashion we do with other views (detail, table, etc).

Form view SHOW() column types
Currently we are only able to display each column in a form once. This of course makes sense for data entry fields.

With respect to SHOW() columntypes, we should be able to reuse them. One good use case of SHOW() column-types in forms is to create horizontal rules or page breaks; unfortunately you need to create a new SHOW() column for each pagebreak.

Solved Solved
0 3 358
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is now available:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Agree, this is a major inconsistency IMO considering you can order the columns in table view etc.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is now available:

In a Sign In Table, View type Form, Column Type SHOW, Type Details > Contents (Cell value in Text), tests okay but doesnโ€™t appear on the screen of the App

For my AppSheet app, Iโ€™ve created a Sign In form where the top row is supposed to show Availability (a โ€œAvailable/Busy, Please waitโ€ value calculated by the underlying Google Sheet). The Column Type is SHOW. Under Type Details > Category, Iโ€™ve put the Page_Header, and on the Sign In screen of the App, it correctly shows โ€œAvailabilityโ€ in big, bold fonts. However, under Type Details > Contents, Iโ€™ve put =[Availability] to insert the current value of Availability , which does not show up on the App screen. However, when I do Test from Expression Assistant, the Test Page DOES show the correct values for Availability! It just doesnโ€™t appear on the Appโ€™s Sign In screen!
What am I missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Parag

Top Labels in this Space