Autofill in forms

Hy,

So I know this one is possible because it is done automatically, but I want to know how to reproduce it.

So I have a view of Projects (1). If I click on one of the projects it takes me to a view where I have the header name of the project and a list (deck view) of the tasks on it. I made an action to add new tasks to this project (2), and the button takes me to the view of a form to add new Tasks (3). In this form you I have to fill in the name of the project, but given that I am coming from within a Project, it would be much more user friendly if this field would be autofill with the name of the project I opened the form from.

Fun enough, this happens when, if I scroll to the last task, there are the New (adauga) and View (vizualizare) system created buttons (which I can’t find where they are in behavior). So here, if I hit New (adauga) (4) it takes me to a form that adds tasks, where the name of the Project is already filled in (5).

How can I do the same with my button? (I want this adding button to bu up on the page so you don’t have to scroll to the end of the list to add tasks). Is there such a formula to add as initial value in the Project column of the tasks table? (if previous view was a project detail view that set project name as the name of that project in the previous view … ) or any other ideas? How does the New button do it?

Thank you,
Sorin

Solved Solved
0 8 1,191
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LINKTOFORM(“New Hire”, “Carrier Type”, [Carrier type]) - no quotes around the last one.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can use LINKTOFORM deep link with the syntax LINTOFORM(“YourChildTableFormViewName”,“ParentIDColumnName”,[KeyColumn])

Got it, it works

But I get this yellow triangle attention mark? Do you know what’s up with it?

I get it in other places too, I was now writing a question about it…

The yellow triangle means that the reference is broken. Meaning that “ShorsUp 2” value is not in your parent record (key column’s value).

True, i didn’t put the right names of columns in the formula, but now I looked closer into the linkform syntax and figured it out.

Thank you @Aleksi

You’re welcome

I’m trying to do exactly the same thing, but my syntax “LINKTOFORM(“New Hire”, “Carrier Type”, “Inventory[Carrier type]”)” returns an error, any advice here?

LINKTOFORM(“New Hire”, “Carrier Type”, [Carrier type]) - no quotes around the last one.

That worked, thanks so much!

Top Labels in this Space