Bot Problem: Event Triggers Process, but Apps Script based Task does not run

This Bot used to work, and I'm "unaware" of anything that I've changed that could possible affect the Bot.

Goal: It's a simple bot that creates a draft email in GMail via Apps Script whenever an AppSheet Form ("EMAIL") is created.  

Problem: When the EMAIL Form is added to database, the BOT Event (new form added) properly triggers the "Process/Step" which is a "Run Task: Call a Script"  The Audit Log result for the Process is 'Condition: true', but the "Run a Task: Call a Script" in the Process/Step does not run at all.  There is NO entry in Audit Log for the Task/Script, and of course nothing happens.  

I tried adding a temporary placeholder Step which runs an "AppSheet Task" in the process.  this worked fine.

I tried rebuilding the Step to "Run a Task: Call a Script", no change.

I think that when I built this Bot, Event/Process/Task were all "Linked", because I don't think there was unlink feature yet(?), but I've tried linked & unlinked.  no change.

I don't think it has anything to do with the actual Apps Script or its Permission, because some sort of failure would log either in AppSheet or App Script.  It's just not running.  /shrug/

Any thoughts or suggestions?  TIA!!! 

Solved Solved
0 1 227
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOLVED:  In AppSheet I had Apps Script "Function Parameters" that were blank for planned functions.

I put "" in them and solved the problem of my scripts not running.

There was obviously some AppSheet code change that disallowed "blank" entries. 

I would suggest an error code that the  Script's Function Parameters cannot be blank.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SOLVED:  In AppSheet I had Apps Script "Function Parameters" that were blank for planned functions.

I put "" in them and solved the problem of my scripts not running.

There was obviously some AppSheet code change that disallowed "blank" entries. 

I would suggest an error code that the  Script's Function Parameters cannot be blank.

Top Labels in this Space