Calendar Next Available Time Slot

BrianM

Hey guys! I have been searching the forums and could not find a solution to the problem below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

App: Calendar View with โ€œeventsโ€ every half hour
Data: Jobs with [Schedule Date], [Schedule Start Time], and [Schedule End Time]
Issue/Request: When adding a new event, Iโ€™m trying to figure out how to auto fill the start time to the next available half hour time slot for the specified [Schedule Date] column. The [Schedule End Time] is simple enough with a formula to subtract 30 minutes. I have checked Calendar slot checking which checks for previous scheduled dates, not times.

So if I add a new event, I select the date required, it checks all events on the specified date, and chooses the next available time slot.

0 4 621
4 REPLIES 4

@BrianM
I may advise this:
1.) Create a VC of datetime type with a simple concatenation of your [Schedule Date] and [Schedule Start Time]
2.) Create a VC i.e. LatestEvent with MAXROW() expression referring to the 1st VC you have created above

MAXROW(
	"LatestEvent",
    "Your_Concatenated_DateTime_VC_Name",
	(
		[Schedule Date] = [_THISROW].[Schedule Date]
	)
)

This will return a ref value for each specific [Schedule Date]'s latest record where you can de-reference
3.) You can now set an initial value for your [Schedule Start Time]

IFS(
	ISBLANK([LatestEvent]),TIME("09:00"), //if this is the first record, return a default start time
	TRUE, [LatestEvent].[Schedule End Time] //return the latest event's end time as a start time
)

Thank you for the quick response. Here is what I had previously tried which seemed to work sometimesโ€ฆ not sure if it was just grabbing the previous rows time from the entire table and not the previous rows time within the specified schedule date.

Virtual Column Name: [Previous Row] Type: Ref

MAXROW(
โ€œRough Jobsโ€,
โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€,
AND(
([Schedule Date] = [_THISROW].[Schedule Date]),
([_ROWNUMBER] < [_THISROW].[_ROWNUMBER])

)
)

Schedule Start Time Initial Value

IFS(
AND(
ISNOTBLANK([Previous Row]),
[Job Phase]=Rough),
[Previous Row].[Schedule Start Time] + โ€œ000:30:00โ€,
AND(
ISBLANK([Previous Row]),
[Job Phase]=Rough),
โ€œ00:00:00โ€
)

I will try your suggestion! Thank you!

Youโ€™re welcome but your approach is already pretty much same as mine actually

BrianM

Sorry for the late response, I am just now testing your suggestion.

I created both VC columns, no issues there. I added the

IFS(
	ISBLANK([LatestEvent]),TIME("12:00 AM"),
	TRUE, [LatestEvent].[Schedule End Time] 
)

to Initial Value of the Schedule Start Time column. Clicked on โ€œTestโ€ and everything seems to come back perfect. After clicking โ€œSaveโ€ the app fails to load with the error in the attached screenshot.

Which seems to be happening as App sync is very slow: up to 60 seconds. Is ... suggests.

Top Labels in this Space