Can't see table on postgres AWS database but can access database

Hello,

I am trying to building an app using a postgres sql database hosted on AWS.

I am trying to connect a test postgres sql database hosted in AWS to Appsheet.com.

I can get Appsheet.com to access the database. However, it does not see the table in the database.

However, the table is there. I created it using pgAdmin4

I am a novice in SQL and databases. Are there some permissions I am missing? Could it be other issues?

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Solved Solved
1 3 718
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mutlitech_Visions and Steve,

Thanks for the advice. I determined the issue. I wasnโ€™t access the right data base in pgAdmin. As you can see in my earlier graphic, there are a couple of databases - postgres and test database.

I was writing tables to test database in pgAdmin4 but had access postgres with Appsheet.

Thanks for the insight,

Douglas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not to disuade you, but perhaps using Google sheets as the data source would be easier; the integration with AppSheet is much simpler. This would allow you to at least progress things forward and make progress.

Unless your tables are going to have 50,000+ records, thereโ€™s not much to be gained (on the AppSheet side of things) from utilizing a SQL table. So unless thereโ€™s a specific requirement for this type of data source, I would stick to Gsheets.

That said: I assume youโ€™ve done all of the following?
3X_6_d_6d66228cd762174b66c1499775a22eef5f6dfd44.png

Did a quick google search for:
โ€œI can connect to sql database but not see tablesโ€

this came up:
https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2017/03/02/sql-server-unable-see-tables-objects-ssms/

and this

Hi Mutlitech_Visions and Steve,

Thanks for the advice. I determined the issue. I wasnโ€™t access the right data base in pgAdmin. As you can see in my earlier graphic, there are a couple of databases - postgres and test database.

I was writing tables to test database in pgAdmin4 but had access postgres with Appsheet.

Thanks for the insight,

Douglas

Top Labels in this Space