Changing Form Save button based on context("view") and the value in the row the form is operating on

Hi,

Iโ€™m not sure if this is possible or if itโ€™s just the syntax that escapes me. I am trying to vary the save/cancel buttons at the end of a form based on the form, which is fine, and also a value of the row that the form is operating on. I canโ€™t figure out how to reference the row value in a way that doesnโ€™t throw up an error. The expression is below and the piece causing me trouble is highlighted.

Any help would be much appreciated even if itโ€™s just to tell me itโ€™s not possible.

Solved Solved
0 3 521
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_8_082598e8ce85108e2217126e42f203abb9a68306.png

This message, when displayed in Expression Assistant, means the content of the current row is not available to the expression. In your case, it means you canโ€™t do what you want.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_8_082598e8ce85108e2217126e42f203abb9a68306.png

This message, when displayed in Expression Assistant, means the content of the current row is not available to the expression. In your case, it means you canโ€™t do what you want.

Thanks Steve,
I donโ€™t know how I I missed that clearly highlighted text at the top of the Expression Assistant.

Itโ€™s easy to get into the habit after seeing it a few timesโ€ฆ Iโ€™d rather a popup when column references are detected, but I have no idea how practical thatโ€™d be.

Top Labels in this Space