Changing Form Save button based on context("view") and the value in the row the form is operating on

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is possible or if it’s just the syntax that escapes me. I am trying to vary the save/cancel buttons at the end of a form based on the form, which is fine, and also a value of the row that the form is operating on. I can’t figure out how to reference the row value in a way that doesn’t throw up an error. The expression is below and the piece causing me trouble is highlighted.

Any help would be much appreciated even if it’s just to tell me it’s not possible.

Solved Solved
0 3 520
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_8_082598e8ce85108e2217126e42f203abb9a68306.png

This message, when displayed in Expression Assistant, means the content of the current row is not available to the expression. In your case, it means you can’t do what you want.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_0_8_082598e8ce85108e2217126e42f203abb9a68306.png

This message, when displayed in Expression Assistant, means the content of the current row is not available to the expression. In your case, it means you can’t do what you want.

Thanks Steve,
I don’t know how I I missed that clearly highlighted text at the top of the Expression Assistant.

It’s easy to get into the habit after seeing it a few times… I’d rather a popup when column references are detected, but I have no idea how practical that’d be.

Top Labels in this Space