Chart on various columns of one record

hi
in my dashboard i have different views, and i like to add a chart view related only to the selected record (as every views).
Every records ha 4/5 columns with values, i’d like to have a chart based on those values and not based on values of every records
is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 8 1,288
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you got it. Since you can create a ref from the graph table to other tables using that ID column, you can have the chart as inline view where you need it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s an easy way to do this. If you are ok with seeing it in the gsheet, you could consider sparklines.

thanks
unfortunely i have to give that report to my customers, so i cannot use gsheet.
maybe i’ll work with slices

How many rows do you need the charts for?

basically i have to make two kind of chart

1. pie chart: in this chart i have a “total value” that is splitted in different values (e.g. number of total expenses/kind of expenses). but there will be just 4/5 different values to show

2. a line graphic, in which i show 5 year of an investment

like this

every value obviously is in the same record

thanks for the interest

i’m thinking to make a new table (called “graph”) in which the columns are the id of the applicant, and the rows are the various values i have to show in graphs

when i start the dashboard the “graph” table will fill with the values of the applicant, so i can make a graph using rows…
then the table should be blanked

do you think it’s a good idea?

Yes, if each applicant has one row in your original table and you use applicant Id or user email as key in your “graph” table, you could use Virtual columns to pull in the appropriate values for the chart.

so you mean to make another table called “graph” in which i have the first column with ID of applicants, and then virtual columns in which i have all values i want to show, right?

so i can use for the graph just one row? (the applicant i need)?

Yes, you got it. Since you can create a ref from the graph table to other tables using that ID column, you can have the chart as inline view where you need it.

Top Labels in this Space