Column not available in form view but is available for slice

I've added a new column to my data (we'll call it "Apps Request") and Regenerated Structure.

I have 6 views of interest for this data:

• Apps Request Form
  • Apps Request Detail
  • My Apps Request Form (slice)
  • My Apps Request Detail (slice)
  • My Assignments Request Form (slice)
  • My Assignments Request Detail (slice)

Gaius_0-1679959535492.png

I need to add the field to each form and detail screen, which I typically do by choosing the new column in the column selection area of the View and then dragging it so that it's in the correct order.

However, when I went to add the field to the form, it's not available everywhere.

• Apps Request Form - UNavailable
  • Apps Request Detail - UNavailable
  • My Apps Request Form (slice) - Available
  • My Apps Request Detail (slice) - Available
  • My Assignments Request Form (slice) - Available
  • My Assignments Request Detail (slice) - Available

As you can see above, it's available when I'm using a slice, but NOT for the views associated with the main data.

Screenshot: My Request form has the Customer Email field (I was able to add it)

Gaius_1-1679959660772.png

Screenshot: This is the dropdown for the main detail view columns (not using a slice). Notice that Customer Email is not in the list.

Gaius_2-1679959747131.png

I tried hard refreshing the page, saving again, and closing and reopening the AppSheet tab.

I hope I'm just missing something somewhere?

0 2 128
2 REPLIES 2

Does the column appear in the view if you select **all other columns**?

Did you scroll the column list?

dbaum_0-1679966363625.png

Great questions!

The column *did not* appear in the view if I chose "All columns".

And yes, I scrolled the column list (there are like 100 columns for this app, and I had to put different fields in different orders for the form, so I'm used to scrolling through the list). Additionally, I was able to find the fields in the My Requests and My Assignments views. Unfortunately, I can't capture the whole scroll list of options in a screencap.

However, upon checking again this afternoon, the new column is now showing up.

I still think this is a bug, and that the column listing took a while to update for the table. So while this is "fixed" in the sense that I have the column, the actual problem was that the column did not show up in views for the main table for at least a few hours after I added the column.

Top Labels in this Space