Copy record from

lga

Hello

Just a question, is there any possibility to copy the special value of a record of a row eg (row n°Z record 1, column X, table “B”) into another table (eg row 99, column Y, table “A”) and to cumulate into the same record of the same row (eg row 99, record Y, Table “A”) the informations, in order to obtain this kind of record in the record Y, Table “A”: Record1, record 20, recordn+1, …

I think I need in my app to accumulate values from another table to give informations to the user, and to inform the user.
I have a list of site ( every site is a row) , and sometimes, due to the result of a (ancient) control, the controller must had a look to particulary points, in other times he mustn’t have to look to the points: eg points already controlled, always open, but wihtout deadline of ending…

Perhaps he could just look into a filtered view of the table “B”, with special criteria ( site, open points, don’t look…), but i thinks that it would be more friendly ( in order to prepare the control) to have, in only one view, the site ( Table “A” with all informations ( adress, number, contacts… and specials criteria of the site).

To copy from the table B to A, an action buton could be used, because the information of “look / don’t look” comes from the client who is only abble to judge , and to modify and update the data of the rows of table “B”

Sorry, i don’t know if i must select deeplink, data, or action)to classify my request in the forum

Thanks a lot?

0 3 173
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your post isn’t entirely clear to me, but–generally speaking–it is possible (though not always easy) to copy the value of a column to the column of another row of another table.

Hello Steve, thank you for your presence and response.

It’s not exactly to copy a column, only some records.

It’s seems difficult to explain…i will take the analogy of a spreadsheet (where my datas are).

I would like to knows if it’s possible to copy value from cell c2 of table B ( one event for site n°1) , into the cell D4 of table A ( where row 4 is affetected to site n°1).
And another day, to copy value from cell c999 of table B ( another one event for site n°1) , into the same cell D4 of table A after the existing values ?

And if it’s possible how.

For me too it’s seems difficult, that’s why i thought to a filterded view of table B, with only few columns… Less userfriendly , much more quickly enabled

Thank you so much for your answers ( for this post and all others)

It sounds to me like you want column D of each row in table A to contain a list of all values in column C of rows in table A that correspond to the event identified by the row in table A. I would consider this approach:

1. Create an action for Table A of type Data: set the values of some columns n ths row to set the value of Column D using an expression like:

SELECT(table-b[column-c], ([site-no] = [_THISROW].[site-no]))

with appropriate replacements for table-b, column-c, and site-no.

2. Create an action for Table B of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows with a Referenced Table of Rable A, a Referenced Rows expression like FILTER("table-a", ([site-no] = [_THISROW].[site-no])) (with replacements for table-a and site-no), and a Referenced Action of the action from (1), above.

3. Attach the action from (2) as the Form Saved event action for for the form view of Table B users would use to modify Column C.

OR

Create a workflow for Table B that performs the action fom (2) when the value of Column C changes.

Top Labels in this Space